Tuesday, May 19, 2009

translucent ducks nipping on my toes

if we are going to get to know each other, than i have to give a full disclosure ... i've been crabby since thursday. i tried everything to unfunk myself - time with adopted gramma, secret chinese massage spot, boozy-time with friends - nothing seemed to uncoil me.

until this morning. i had such strange dreams, btw, one about a translucent white duck attacking my feet. anyway, this mornings bike ride turned me back to happy. (finally).

it was like when i was little, during the spare holiday my parents forced us to go to church, my only enjoyment was collecting "peace-be-with-you's." i always wanted to get the most "peaces" when it came time to shake hands with all those around. i thought of that this morning as i rode, collecting morning hello's like coins in the basket. each hello was like a shot of happy in the arm. the tender pulsating hand of the older man bending to pick up the air, his surprise that someone stopped to say hello and ask how he was. the black man asking about my ride this morning, the shock on the young asian guys face as i said good morning. LA - not always a city that speaks. hello's like quick polaroids, bright spots for the mind. the coolest uppers in life happen to be free.

granted, i'm sure every time i bike to work i won't be so perky. sometimes i will just peddle to the metal and transit like a normal human. but today was nice.

so, now. next if i dare be so brave. we will discuss what caused the crabby. and then we may discuss an intimate social experiment we may conduct for your amusement at my expense.
*stay.tuned*

l2u

No comments:

Post a Comment