Wednesday, June 3, 2009

God Love the Snooze Button











How many times did I rock the snooze button this morning?


10.


From 6.30a.m. until a very long time. :) whose fault is it? The event last night. (A design heavy, elegant but spunky event by Opportunity Green, catered with organic burgers, dark chocolate devils, Veev cocktails - Veev cocktails have their hands on nearly ever event I go to in Los Angeles).




What happened to my incredibly new found "discipline" of last month? Boxing -all the time- at 7.30 a.m. ... biking to work the other days. I don't think that was discipline, I think it rarely ever is with me. It is momentum and sheer will. Discipline is something I'm still fairly unfamiliar with. We barely know each other.


There was a study about delayed gratification, the study showed that kids who were able to choose to wait five hours and get double the amount of cookies versus the stinkers who picked having the cookies immediately, showed advanced levels of success later on. They are certainly onto something and we here at Daily Thoughtsicle will explore it. This illusive thing called delaying gratification, this incredible concept called discipline, we'll get at the heart of whether its really beneficial and how the hell to make friends with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment